Drop Summer Sale (PC38x & PC37x Highlight) Update July 21

I just want to start this by saying if anyone is wondering why the content from me as halted I will make an update post soon and have content flowing back out again soon. It's nothing serious.

I don't normally do a lot of posts about sales and Sale Events, I really only do them 3 times a year. But with Canada PrimeDay being postponed I felt the want to do something in its place. Then with perfect timing Drop emails me about their summer sale and asks if id be interested in talking about it, and while I don't really do sale posts at request from companies, I saw some good deals so I thought I would share it. mainly i want to use this as a way for people to tell me if they like this type of sale content. I would like to do it more as id like to be able to help people save money. But with big sale events like Prime day that happens in so many countries it’s hard for me to keep up, but I may start doing more for small sale events like this.

Disclaimer: Yes Drop did email me about the Summer Sale, no I am not being compensated in any way by them. Yes, I will include my Referral link for the products. This referral link gets me no actual money. It offers you $10USD off your first purchase and me $10USD in credit that I spend on more products to review and test. All credit gets reinvested back into to my review work.

 
Now that that's out of the way on to the sales. Here is the link to the page directly: Link


Audio Sales
 
 
 A Headphone I recommended for a long time and is still a very good headphone in its own right. The biggest issue with it is the fact Hifiman keeps releasing a cheaper better version of its 400 series. These are very good but the cheaper HE400se and HE-X4 are better.
 
Price: $159 $180
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Alternative: Hifiman HE400SE or Drop + Hifiman HE-X4
 
 
The HE5xx is the same headphone as the Deva for the most part. Its also weird as in most ways itsworse than the HE400 series and cost more. But it does do a few things better.

It has a better stock tuning, and in fact some of the best Hifiman stock tunings. shockingly mellow. It also has a slightly bigger stage, better timbre and slightly better speed than the HE400 series. Not by alot but by a bit. It is also much more comfortable as its lighter. Overall id still say it sounds worse.

But if you just refuse to use EQ and need a near perfect stock tuning and want something lighter than the HE-X4 then this may work for you.
 
Price: $199 $220
Recommendation: Hard to Say
Alternative: Hifiman HE400SE or Drop + Hifiman HE-X4

 
While not as good as the HD560s, the PC38x offers a pure step up from the PC37x(minus slight FPS preformance) with a near perfect tuning. The stage isnt the widest but isnt narrow like the HD600 series. It also doesnt have the 3 blob issues but doesnt have the most even staging.

Consider this a very well tuned HD599 with a smaller stage. 

Easy to recommend at this price.
 
Price: $139 $169
Recommendation: Recommened
 

A Gaming headset I really didn't like when I got it in, which is why I didn't review it. But at this sale price it's not terrible. It's hard to find something good at $30.
 
Price: $29 $60
Recommendation: If you are on a very tight budget maybe it's worth looking at.
Alternative: Logitech G332


A headphone I have yet to fully review, one I recommended when I first heard it but took it off after some QC issues were brought up. The QC issues are no longer something id worry about too much and not why there off my recommendations, simply I just need to get them back in to retest. At its price, it is a fantastic headphone and if you're looking in the sub-Kilo-buck range for a top tier Dynamic, check these out.
 
Price: $599 $700
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out.
Alternative: Hifiman Ananda
 
 
Something I really struggle to recommend but also struggle to call bad, because it's not bad it's just weird. It has the limited technical ability of an HD599, but the narrow 3 blob staging of the HD600 series. It's sort of the worst of both worlds or a poor man's HD6xx. If you just have to have the HD6xx presentation and don't plan to use it much in games and this is your max budget then I guess it's for you. But other wise skip it.
 
Price: $129 $170
Recommendation: Overall Id pass on it.
Alternatives: HE-X4/HE400SE, HD560s, HD6xx
 
 
As you know from the title this is what I call the high light of the sale. Not because its mind blowing in price or quality, but simply because it's an amazing overall value at this sale price and i think this is what will sell best.
 
Price: $95 $120
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
 

A Headphone I really didn't like. The normal DT1770 I didn't like for the price over the DT770 80ohm. These are no different. While they do have a better tuning for the most part over the DT1770, and are easier to drive, they suffer from all the issues I find with all 32ohm Beyers and just a huge lack of detail and overall technical performance. I don't know if the driver is what is causing the issues here but all I can say is I really didn't think they sounded very good.

Price: $349 $450 
Recommendation: Not Recommended


From what I know the GO.DROP is only different from the GO model in Colour. But I haven't used the GO.DROP model only the normal GO model and it was something I was not impressed with at all.

Technical detail was just ok I think I gave it a C or C-. But the tuning was pretty unbalanced and bad. Way too V-Shaped and not in a good way.

Price: $135 $199
Recommendation: Not Recommended


Not much to say it's $15 now I didn't think it sounded good and has BT issues.

Price: $15 $75
Recommendation: Not Recommended


It's just a Pinnacle P1 at a lower price with better build. I didn't like the P1 that much I gave both Technical and Tonal grades a C or C-. But at $49 this isn't half bad, not the best thing on the market but if you want a very warm sounding sort of V-Shaped IEM this could work.

Think of it as getting a decent KZ IEM with better build. Even I'm temped to grab one at this price.

Price: $49 $115
Recommendation: Recommended


I didn't spend much time with it, I didn't find it that impressive so I decided not to cover it and it didn't get past the initial listen. So at this price, I can't really comment.

Price: $39 $90
Recommendation: N/A


Something I not only recommend but also have posted a dedicated review on here. Check it out.

Good Price if you end up liking its presentation.

Price: $249 $299
Recommendation: Recommended 
Review: https://lifelongcaboosereviews.blogspot.com/2021/04/drop-thx-aaa-789-linear-amplifier.html


Still haven't gotten it in for review yet but have heard good things, worth checking out.

Price: $149 $299
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out


The O2 design has been out for a long time now, something I never loved but was very important. In general, not something I recommend much but at this price it's not bad.

Price: $129 $140
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out
Alternatives: ifi Zen Dac or Fulla 4

 
Mechanical Keyboards
 

I have reviewed this very recently, and it's a great keyboard with one big issue and thats the high amount of ping. If you're willing to mod it its a good buy. But not for everyone.

Price: $219 $250
Recommendation: Recommended
Review: https://lifelongcaboosereviews.blogspot.com/2021/06/drop-ctrl-high-profile-mechanical.html
 
 

Has alot of the same pros and cons as the CTRL. Which is very similar to the High-Profile versions. In general the only part that is actually worse is the ping issue. Aside from that is just if you prefer LP or HP.

Price: $149 $180
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out


The HP version I haven't checked out yet but is on its way to me as I type this out. Should be similarish to the LP version and the CTRL.

Price: $199 $230
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out
 

This along with the Planik I have built and is awaiting review which should come out soon. 
 
Without spoiling the review too much yes I recommend them but only if you're into or the Ortho layout. A great budget way to get into Orthos. 

Keycaps and switches are not included, the Acute Keycaps are decent. If you want the case don't forget to add it, I did on both and now can't get them without spending higher than id like off amazon.

Price: $109 $140
Recommendation: Recommended
 

Refer to Preonic description.

Price: $89 $100
Recommendation: Recommended

 

The only switches on sale and maybe the most famous Frankenswitch. While yes they are great and I can recommend them there still a pricy switch by the nature of what it is.
 
For those who don't know it's an Invyr Panda House and a Halo True Stem.

There are other Cheaper Tactiles I recommend more not but if you just have to have these them now is the time. I'm tempted myself to grab a pack just to have.

Price: $85 $125
Recommendation: Worth Checking Out
Alternitive: Tecsee Purple Panda or Gazzew U4T
 

Not much to say, it's a big switch testing. If your looking to grab one this is a good buy.

Price: $40 $50


Just a very cute group of affordable artisan caps. I don't own any but I do kind of want to buy the full set.

Price: $30 $36
 

More cool looking Affordable Artisan Caps. These little dragons in their cave submerged in Resin I think look very neat. Low Stock and OOS of many options.

Price: $49 $55
 

Very affordable for an aluminum 1.75u keycap. If you're a big retro gamer I think it would look cool on a retro style board.

Price: $30 $40
 
Discussion Posts:

r/LifelongCaboose: Link
r/Gaming_Headsets: Link