Logitech Round Up Initial Impressions (G733, G535, G435, G335)

This is just a very quick unorganized post as I wont get the reviews out for these headphones tell 2022.

So I just wanted to talk about them a bit. Mostly just in terms of there sound.

Graphs
 Disclaimer: Logitech did send me these. So huge thank you to them for the sample units.
 

Graph 1: There is no calibration to my rig, so ignore over 3k. Graph 2: Is with calibration to make it closer to a Gras rig.

So overall the graph is fairly accurate to how they sound. The calibrated ones are all pretty darn accurate up to 10k vs what I hear.

G335: It's the noticeable odd one out and it honestly is just awful. No full review of it coming (unless I do a 1min review of it) as it's just plain not good or worth buying at any price and for any reason. I'm going to order the G332(G432) to show what it replaced and how much worse the new version is. So not buy this.

G535: This is the G335 but wireless. They have clearly used some DSP to re-tune it. Much better but still not amazing. This will get reviewed as I think it could be worth considering.

G435: This headset is weird. It is similar to the previous 2 in terms of driver and overall build but different enough. It's sort of a G535 with as much stripped down as they could, costs cut at every corner and BT added. It's actually not terrible. I plan to review this. But there are some really weird aspects about it like the non boom mic, the headband with no padding. It's really weird.

G733: This is the best headset of the bunch. This uses a slightly different driver as it is one of Logitech's "G Pro drivers" but a smaller 40mm one. This one does a lot right but the biggest issue is the price. I will give this a full review.

Also if these go well I may finally do full reviews of the G Pro X and G Pro X Wireless as with their new price drops and sales I think there finally compelling.

Notes:

  1. All of Logitech's packaging as far as I'm aware is all recycled material, they are also as a company Certified Carbon Neutral. I love seeing both of these things. I hate the increase in wasteful packaging from so many companies just to give a cool "Unboxing experience". I love to see Logitech being a bit more green.
  2. I love that Logitech isn't afraid to offer bright and vibrant colours. Though, mixed with the really gamery design and all plastic built they do often look like kids toys. So I'd like to see a better overall design but I love the option to have fun colours.
  3. The pads use the same material that I think was first used in the G533, and I honestly hate it. Their cloth material was fine but at a point, it switches to a seemingly lower quality material which feels a lot more rough. When it moves around on your head it transfers so much noise and really just feels bothersome on my skin. It breaths really well but I wish they would use something else.
  4. Let's talk about accessories. I like that you can get replacement headbands since they will wear out over time. But since that's about it, I feel Logitech is doing this in terms of offering a change in aesthetic and not a replacement part for when it wears out. Pads should always be offered from the company, as third-party ones will change the tuning. I also want to talk about the Foam mic covers they offer. So first off all these headsets need a foam mic cover badly, and none come with them. The only ones Logitech sell really annoy me. I know I said I liked that the headsets came in different colors even though that is mostly irrelevant since when there on your head you can't see them, i still enjoy seeing more than just black on black headsets. But the mic covers are only sold in a pack and are in the shape of things like a mustache or a star. An I hate this so much, not only do they IMO look stupid but they are so big they are incredibly annoying in front of your face. An honestly since the mics really need one and don't come with one offering these as the only way to fix it is stupid.
  5. The comfort on all of these are pretty good, all lightweight but they need a bit more cup swivel and a little less clamp but that will ease up over time.
  6. Sound quality on these are not great. Average for a gaming headset but poor overall. All sit between a D and a D- in terms of detail, dynamics, staging, etc. So don't expect that to be good. But the tuning on some of these need a lot less help and eq than I'd expect for gaming headsets at this price.