Audeze Releases New Wireless Gaming Headset MAXWELL

 
I want to start by thanking Audeze for sending me the info early and offering a sample unit which as of posting has not yet arrived. 
 
Also sorry for no links when this goes live but as soon as I'm able to I'll update it with links.
Here is a short marketing blurb that I paraphrased to hopefully give you some info on Maxwell. I will also link any info and releases below for you all to read if you want.
 
Meet the newest member of the Audeze Gaming family, Maxwell. A perfectly fitting name to continue the naming scheme of using names related to mathematics. First with Mobius, named after August Ferdinand Möbius and the Mobius Strip, which was "co-discovered" with Johann Benedict Listing. Then Penrose was named after Sir Roger Penrose and his Penrose singularity theorems. Now Maxwell was named after I can only assume James Clerk Maxwell from which Maxwell's equations get their name.
 
Maxwell comes in two versions one for Xbox and one for PlayStation. This is the next evolution for the gaming line-up built on the work they did with Mobius and Penrose. The overall design Has changed a fair bit this time around. Gone are the smaller oval cups with smaller pads, Maxwell features medium size circle earcups that look much more comfortable and spacious. The new suspension headband is steel reinforced along with steel yokes so you can be more comfortable with its build quality. This added metal does mean more weight and this boy is a bit more chonky at 490g.
 
With 5 built-in mics, this should not only work as a gaming headset with the Shure Designed Boom Mic, but this should also work as a portable BT headphone for calls. Although it looks slightly less portable.
 
Sound-wise we have no idea about any aspect of its sound. I expect it to fall in line with the Penrose and Mobius. So stay tuned for my early impressions and review when I get it in.
 
Honestly, I'm pretty excited about this. This seems like the first true next-generation wireless gaming headset that so many people have been waiting for people. It seems like something that could be a true all-in-one.
 
The Maxwell retails for $299 but the Xbox version will retail for $50 at $349.
 
Stay tuned for my early impressions post once I get Maxwell in for testing.
 
Specs:
Product Photos: